Debantic® 50 WP Insecticide
Debantic is a wettable powder that can be applied as a premise spray, dust or directly to birds to control a variety of pests inside poultry houses and other livestock facilities.
- Active ingredient: tetrachlorvinphos (group 1 insecticide)
- Protects against a wide variety of pests including mites, flies, lice and fowl ticks
- Up to 100% mortality of lesser mealworm (darkling beetle) in poultry barns, with up to 5 weeks of residual activity1
- Cost effective, one bag can treat approximately 2,500 m2
- Can be safely applied with birds present*
- Format: 2 kg bag
Modern livestock production can generate ideal conditions for the development of pest populations. Premise pests such as flies, litter beetles and lice can increase the cost of production and the risk of disease transmission.
Lesser mealworms (darkling beetles) can pose serious economic and bird health problems for poultry producers, because birds can consume large numbers of beetles, affecting feed consumption and can result in disease transmission2. Darkling beetles can also cause structural damage when they migrate into the insulation, interfering with temperature management and production.
House flies can be a major stress factor in poultry breeder houses, caged-layer operations, swine and dairy barns and horse stables.
Mites feed on the birds’ blood, causing skins lesions, cracked skin, pain, irritation and itchiness3. Northern fowl mites can generate economic losses due to reduced egg production and anemia4. Poultry lice can cause severe irritation and skin damage, which can affect feed consumption and bird weight4. Fowl ticks feed on blood which weakens birds and can impact egg production.
How to Apply*
Mix 20 grams per 1 L of water to apply 1-4 L of solution per 100m2 of litter surface for control of lice, mites and lesser mealworms.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
When resistance is possible, rotation is critical. Pests can develop reduced susceptibility to an active ingredient over time. To help prevent this, consider rotating to a product from a different chemical class (e.g. rotate Debantic® with Credo® SC and Tempo® for darkling beetle control).
You may also like:
* Read and follow the complete instructions on the product label.
1. Khan, B.A. et al., (1998). Efficacy of tetrachlorvinphos insecticide dust against darkling beetles in commercial broiler chicken barns. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, 78(4): 723-725.
2. Dunkley, C. (2010). Broiler Tip: Darkling beetles in broiler houses. The University of Georgia. Available at https://www.poultryventilation.com/sites/default/files/poultry-tips/2010/2010 7 Broiler Beetles.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2017.
3. Mccrea, B. (2005). Common lice and mites of poultry: identification and treatment. UCANR Publications. Available at http://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/8162.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2017.
4. Axtell, R. C., & Arends, J. J. (1990). Ecology and management of arthropod pests of poultry. Annual review of entomology, 35(1), 101-126.