QuickBayt® Granular Fly Bait
QuickBayt is a ready-to-use bait that kills nuisance flies inside poultry houses, dairy barns, horse stables and other livestock facilities. It contains a mix of fly attractants and Bitrex® to help prevent accidental ingestion by animals and children.
- Active ingredient: imidacloprid (group 4 insecticide)
- Starts killing flies in minutes1
- Easy to use, no mixing required
- Long residual activity2
- Cost effective, one tub can treat approximately 1,000 m2
- Format: 2.26 kg tub
Flies are a special concern for livestock producers because they can irritate animals, annoy workers and disperse to nearby homes and businesses. Flies may harbor human and animal disease organisms. The management of manure, moisture and temperature can affect fly populations inside livestock facilities.
How to Apply*
Scatter 200 grams per 100m2 in animal housing where flies congregate and on surfaces where they rest.
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Control of house flies requires an IPM program using environmental, biological and chemical methods. Fly populations can be monitored using the systematic application of spot cards in the barn.
When resistance is possible, rotation is critical. Pests can develop reduced susceptibility to an active ingredient over time. To help prevent this, consider rotating to a product from a different chemical class (e.g. rotate QuickBayt® with Tempo® and Debantic® for fly control).
You may also like:
* Read and follow the complete instructions on the product label.
1. Pospischil, R. (2002). Imidacloprid fly bait–A fast acting formulation against flies in livestock. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Urban Pests.
2. Li QF, et al. (2015). Parasitol Res. 114(9):3325-3528.
® TM see www.bayer.ca/tm-mc
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.