Checkmite+® Beehive Pest Control Strip
Checkmite+ is a miticide for control of varroa mites and small hive beetle (SHB) in honey bee colonies. The active ingredient - coumaphos, a group 1B Insecticide - is slowly released and dispersed throughout the colony by the bees, which come in contact with the impregnated strips located in the brood chambers as part of their social behaviour.
- Convenient and easy to use
- Remove honey supers before application of Checkmite+ strips
- Treat all infested colonies within the yard
- Do not re-use strips or leave them in the hive for longer than 45 days
- Do not treat the same colony with coumaphos more than twice a year
- Rotate with different chemical groups that control the same pests
- Honey super cannot be installed until 14 days after strip removal
- Format: 10 strips per packet
How to apply*
For Varroa treatment, use 1 strip for each five combs of bees in each brood chamber and leave the strips in the hive for 42-45 days. Many beekeepers treat in the spring before the nectar-collecting period and the fall in preparation for wintering.
For small hive beetle, attach 1 strip to the corrugated side of a 4''x9'' piece of cardboard and leave the strips in the hive for 42-45 days.
You may also like:
* Read and follow the complete instructions on the product label.