CyLence® Pour-On Insecticide
CyLence is a ready-to-use solution for the control of horn flies and sucking and chewing lice on beef and dairy (including lactating) cattle.
- Active ingredient: cyfluthrin (group 3 Insecticide)
- Extended residual activity: up to 7 weeks1
- Requires a small volume per animal (12 mL max.)
- Zero milk withdrawal, only 1 day meat withdrawal
- Easy application, no mixing or dilution calculations required
- Cost efficient: One 500mL bottle can treat 62 animals and 3L can treat 375 cattle (between 271-360kg in size). For more information, see the table below.
- Format: 500 mL, 3 L.
Lice and horn flies can cause severe irritation, skin damage and allergic responses in your cattle, which can affect weight gain. Animals can damage equipment and buildings by rubbing and scratching against them. If not controlled, lice can cause anemia, lower milk production and poor feed efficiency2.
How to Apply*
Apply the required amount of solution from a graduated device directly along the top of the back and top of the head of the animal.
The dose applied depends on the weight of each animal (see table below).
|Animal Weight (kg)||Dosage (mL)||Animals Treated
500 mL size
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
When resistance is possible, rotation is critical. Pests can develop reduced susceptibility to an active ingredient over time. To help prevent this, consider rotating to a product from a different chemical class.
You may also like:
* Read and follow the complete instructions on the product label.
1. White et al., (2007). Therapeutic and persistent efficacy of spinosad applied as a pour-on or a topical spray against natural infestations of chewing and sucking lice on cattle. Veterinary Parasitology 143: 329-336
2. Johnson G. (2010). Management of Lice on Livestock. Montana State University Extension. Available at: http://www.msuextension.org/flatheadres/documents/2010 05 May - Lice - MT201002AG.pdf. Accessed December 20, 2016.